Medical technology must go hand in hand with modern treatments – after all, accurate prevention and cure is impossible without proper and consistent assessment. This is why we always advise readers never to shy away from safe, emerging tech products that happen to be a part of the digital health revolution.
Aktiia Bracelet blood pressure monitor is a medical gadget for all. It can detect blood pressure changes in real-time and display them in seconds so the user can take the necessary steps as soon as possible.
A wearable blood pressure sensor in the past has been criticized for its unusual design and bulky structure. Aktiia has successfully changed the commentary on that one – however, is there anything new it can bring to the functioning of such blood pressure monitoring bracelets? Keep reading because this review covers it all.
What Is The Aktiia Bracelet?
For physicians and psychologists, blood pressure is a lifestyle hazard that only increases with the increasing demands of everyday modern living. It is both a result and a factor of mental and physical health issues like anxiety, hypertension, compromised immune system, and even cancer (which is often an indirect result of stress).
So, in short, blood pressure monitoring is not just for critical care patients. It is equally essential for those who live a hectic or physically strenuous lifestyle and want to remind themselves of the consequences.
The first blood pressure monitoring smartwatches to be released were gigantic and required high maintenance. This is why the Aktiia Bracelet is making such a commotion – it is indeed a futuristic device with a lightweight body that can monitor blood pressure 24/7 without the need for an uncomfortable, traditional cuff.
Aktiia Bracelet uses the technology of photoplethysmography (PPG), which employs optical cues to measure the changes in the microvascular tissue bed. In other words, it produces microscopic light onto the skin and uses the data of light radiation to measure blood flow.
Using this, it can calculate the frequency and intensity of pumped blood – it absorbs and scatters light to measure blood volume.
Who Needs A New Way To Measure Blood Pressure?
Two people cannot share the same bracelet blood pressure monitor. This makes the device a personal health check assistant that understands your body at a level like no other. Many of us can benefit from this Aktiia Bracelet – in our opinion, purchasing this device can be a good idea for the following:
- Patients Recovering From Cardiac Illness: Many doctors across Europe and North America recommend changes in habit and diet after a patient has recovered from cardiac arrest. To prevent a relapse or hemorrhage, individuals can use the Aktiia Bracelet to monitor their blood pressure throughout the day. Whenever they feel that the pressure is exceptionally high or they are agitated, they can perform relaxation techniques or rest to bring their blood pressure back to normal. Under the guidance of a physician, emergency medication can also be made available to the patient.
- Patients With Respiratory Illness: From Asthma to lung cancer, patients with respiratory illness suffer from high blood pressure issues whenever they try to engage in cardiovascular exercises. For such patients, it is imperative to maintain a balance between an active and a relaxed lifestyle. Remember that the Aktiia Bracelet blood pressure monitor does not track rapid blood pressure changes during exercise. However, it can indicate extreme changes in your body when things are tough. Always take medications before it gets unbearable – prevention is better than cure.
- People With Anxiety, Panic Attacks, and Phobia: Many people fail to realize how closely hypertension is connected to anxiety disorders. Individuals as young as in their 20s need to track blood pressure changes during anxiety attacks or panic attacks so that this does not develop into severe physical dangers. A blood pressure tracking monitor can also become a preventive tool to help individuals with highly stressful lives dodge the risk of future hypertension or cardiac arrest. Since it is a lifestyle disease, putting our health ahead of our work is primary for any development in our health.
- To Manage Hypertension: The foundational task of this bracelet is to help manage hypertension daily. This involves abstaining from bad cholesterol and fatty and sweet foods. It also means checking UPS routinely and even before the designated date if a slight spike or drop in blood pressure is noticed. Your blood pressure needs to be made known not only to your family members and caregivers but also physical therapists, instructors, and other professionals who work with you towards developing a healthy mind and body.
Aktiia Bracelet has received clinical validation for users aged 21 to 85. Therefore, it is not suitable for children.
What’s Inside Aktiia Box?
The Aktiia smartwatch is available in some selected countries of Europe which include the UK, Germany, Italy, France, Switzerland, Austria, and the Republic of Ireland.
If you are living in these countries and happened to order yourself one of these bracelets, keep the box safe and make sure you have the following parts included in the product packet:
- 2-year warranty certificate
- The Aktiia Bracelet
- Charging cable
- Charging station
- Initialization cuff with another charging cable
- User manuals
Step-by-step Guide To Use The Aktiia Bracelet
To start using the Aktiia blood pressure monitor, you will first need to set it up. Thankfully, this is a simple process.
- Make sure the bracelet and the initiation cuff are correctly charged.
- Now, sit upright on a chair and relax.
- Wear the bracelet on your wrist.
- Apply the cuff on the other arm. Make sure the cuff is the right size for your arm, and while it must be tight, it shouldn’t be too close.
- Click on the instructions on the screen to complete three blood pressure readings one by one.
- Note down the next date for the second initiation reading.
The bracelet has a battery life of 9 days. By this time, you will already have the Aktiia App installed on your phone or iPad. Open this application and confirm that your readings have been saved under your profile.
The app contains different graphs that help readers keep track of their systolic and diastolic blood pressure on a day, week, and month basis.
There is a notes section where you can keep a diary of your latest food and exercise choices, along with medication and sleep patterns. After a couple of weeks or a month, you can compare your blood pressure health with the day to day lifestyle choices you have made – a week average and month average is also provided by the graphs on the app.
Now all you need to do is go about your everyday life with the bracelet attached to your wrist. Make it a habit to check your Aktiia App at least once each day.
Pros and Cons: Yes or No To Aktiia?
Even the most revolutionary products must have some limitations. At a glance, here is what you should know:
- Small and comfortable to wear
- The design looks just like a regular watch
- Reliable and precise measurements
- Continuous blood pressure monitor wearable – no breaks
- Non invasive and chemically safe
- No frequent cuff inflation required
- Not water resistant
- Does not monitor blood pressure during exercise
- Can be used for monitoring – not detailed enough for diagnosis
- Not for people with arrhythmia or similar heart conditions
- Only available in some selected countries
- Does not track overall health or wellness
The Aktiia 24/7 blood pressure monitoring bracelet is a gem among all other options available in the market. The company has developed a suitable and comprehensive customer service that makes it even easier to make use of this device. Is it the best blood pressure watch in terms of comfort, appearance and accuracy? It is definitely one of the top products – however, getting no additional features at this price seems a little disappointing. It still remains to be seen whether the battery life continues to perform at its initial capacity when the watch is put to regular use for long periods of time. What has your experience been like with Akiita? Let us know in the comment box below.
- How much does the Aktiia Bracelet cost?
The Aktiia Bracelet currently costs about €180 but the price differs slightly from country to country.
- What Does the Aktiia App Do?
The Aktiia App displays the blood pressure of the user in a precise and contextual manner by keeping track of emerging and existing health trends on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Does the Aktiia App come with cloud storage?
Yes, Aktiia App connects user data with the profile details and the data is then stored on cloud.
- Can you attach multiple devices to the Aktiia App?
Yes, it is possible to attach more than one device on the App.
- What is the warranty system of Aktiia App?
The Aktiia Bracelet is secured by a 2-year warranty that covers the main watch dial and initiation cuff but not the bracelet band.